Do you know what to look for when investigating new business systems or IT infrastructure? Do you feel as if you are missing out when you hear buzz-speak about cloud-based solutions, business intelligence and analytics, and ERP?
In the software industry, there’s a lot of buzz (and a lot of buzzwords!) about all things cloud, automation, business intelligence, and more.
Google doesn’t do much to remove the buzz-speak around these topics, making it difficult for the average business owner to find helpful content that enables them to make informed and smart choices about their business processes. Do a simple search for any of these three topics and you’ll feel just as lost as when you started.
Cloud-based solutions, business intelligence and analytics, and ERP play a critical role in improving business processes, lowering operating costs, and increasing your business’ bottom line – making understanding these topics key for any business.
Our business technology experts put together these three short guides as a way to move beyond the buzz-speak and help you to understand some of the issues facing companies like yours:
- What is the cloud? What does it mean to use “cloud-based” systems?
- Is business intelligence more than just an executive dashboard?
- What automated tools are out there for better managing inventory?
What is the Cloud?
Cloud computing (“the cloud”) has quickly become one of the leading technology topics in the world, despite the fact that few people really understand what it is and how it impacts their technology choices today.
Click here to download a guide that will explain what you need to know about cloud computing to help you make informed decisions about your IT deployment and infrastructure.
You will learn:
- What exactly is the cloud
- Business applications that run in the cloud
- The differences between SaaS and on-premise business applications
- Saas deployment options: single-tenant or multi-tenant
- Why you should beware of legacy applications “re-engineered” for the cloud
- Choosing the right deployment option for your company
- See how cloud computing can improve your business processes by downloading this free guide today.
Business Intelligence: More than a Dashboard
Nearly every ERP system on the market now also offers a Business Intelligence (BI) module to provide more flexibility and advanced data visualization (graphics). BI is mostly recognized as the source of the executive dashboard that contains graphical displays of major high level measurements like sales, production statistics, inventory level and the like, with alarms and drill-down capabilities.
More than simply arranging data into convenient and attractive formats, however, BI includes analytics as well as data warehouse/data mining capabilities. BI provides the tools that can turn data into knowledge and insight.
Click here to download a guide that will show you how smart businesses can tap into this incredible resource.
You will learn:
- How business intelligence works
- The robust reporting found in business intelligence
- How to combine related data into meaningful metrics
- How creating your own analysis provides for a deeper understanding of key data
- Learn how to get the data you need to make smart business decisions by downloading this guide today.
5 Tools for Inventory Management
Inventory is a big factor in many businesses, particularly in manufacturing. Inventory records are the most likely area of the business to be computerized and every ERP system and CRM system is built around an inventory management function.
Basic inventory management maintains what’s called a perpetual inventory record. Simply stated, the system accepts inventory movement reports (transactions) and maintains a continuous record of the quantity on-hand. Of course, inventory management software does a lot more than that.
Click here to download a guide that outlines some of the tools that can and should be integrated with inventory management to give you the control and visibility you need to support efficient operations.
You will learn:
- Bar-code data collection
- Cycle counting
- ABC Analysis
- Integrated planning and execution
- Lot tracking and traceability
- Discover how these five tools can improve your inventory management process by downloading the guide today.
A Smart Investigation
These resources provide a balanced view of what’s out there right now, and what you should be considering as you investigate ways to improve your business processes. Move past the buzz-speak and get the information you need to make the smart choice for your business.
Have further questions about ERP or other buzzwords you’d like to be better defined? Click here to get in touch.